About Earth Engineering, Inc.
Established in 1996 by Principal and Chief Engineer, Moe A. Shihadeh, P.E., D. GE Earth Engineering, Inc., found its’ niche in providing quality geotechnical and construction materials testing services to entities of different nature and industry. This expertise has led to the award of indefinite (Evergreen) contracts with Houston Independent School District, Texas A&M University System, UT-MD Anderson Cancer Center, Port of Houston Authority, City of Houston, and Harris County, thus also creating an outstanding history of contract extensions and re-selections.
Earth Engineering, Inc. is owned and operated by its’ Founding Principal, Moe A. Shihadeh, P.E., D. GE and headquartered in Houston, Texas. The firm staffs 30 employees which include, Registered Professional Engineers, Engineers in Training, a Team of Qualified Management Professionals, Administrative Professionals, Qualified and Certified Laboratory and Field Representatives. The firm also entails a comprehensive Geotechnical and Construction Materials Testing Laboratory that maintains and adheres to the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) rules and regulations. We are also a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) firm.
About Our Lab
In 2005, we moved into a 13,000 square foot facility. Our current facility includes:
- Over 7,000 square feet of space dedicated to materials and geotechnical testing with the ability to expand if the need arises.
- A state-of-the-art concrete specimen curing facility that can hold over 3,500 concrete cylinders at any given time.
- We use the latest technology by Extech Instruments to monitor the temperature and humidity in our concrete specimen curing facility.
- A new Forney 500,000 lb concrete compression machine.
- In-house coring services.
- A full line of soil testing equipment to ensure most tests can be performed in-house.
- Earth Engineering, Inc.’s curing room is a State-of-the-Art facility utilizing an Extech Instruments monitoring system.
The system monitors the temperature and humidity of the curing room and records every 3 minutes, typically, 1,200 readings per day.
ASTM and ACI concrete curing requirements for temperature are 72° F +/- 3° F. These readings are plotted at the end of the day and kept in a binder.